Adrenals: Are you affected by stress?
Adrenal stress check list.
- Weakness, dizziness
- Chronic fatigue
- Low blood pressure
- Nails weak or ridged
- Tendency to hives
- Arthritic tendencies
- Perspiration increase
- Intestinal trouble
- Poor circulation
- Kidney trouble (fluid retention)
- Craving for salt or salty foods (i.e. cheese)
- Brown spots or bronzing of the skin
- Allergies - tendency to asthma, eczema, irritable bowel syndrome
- Weakness after colds or flu
- Exhaustion - muscular and nervous
- Respiratory disorders
- Frequent or severe attacks of pneumonia, bronchitis, flu, sinusitis
- Emotional "merry-go-round", excessive emotional reactions crying, anger, withdrawn
- Emotional storms that cause complete exhaustion. Need to lie down when stressed
- Gain weight, fail to lose weight when dieting
- Long history of chronic constipation
- Skin thick, wrinkly or puffy
- Feel better mornings, worse in afternoons
- Difficulty concentrating, easily distracted
- Outer third of eyebrows unusually thin or absent
What is stress and how does it present itself? Your ability to cope with stress is dependant on your health and wellbeing. Your adrenal glands are located on top of your kidneys and have two main functions. They produce the hormone adrenaline and noradrenalin that allows your body to cope with stress. Their other function is to produce a group of hormones called corticosteroids that look after the body's inflammatory processes. If you are under stress or are suffering from prolonged stress your adrenal glands do not work optimally and your health can become impaired. Such health complaints seen are poor immune function, allergies, asthma, eczema, food intolerance, sinus, pain, digestion upset and many more symptoms.
In practice I see people who had a major stressful event occur in their life 2 to 3 years ago that they have dealt with but they are suffering poor health and are not the person they used to be. They may use sugar or caffeine to get through their day, use alcohol at night to relax. They are often described by their friends and family as not their old self, edgy, not letting the little things go or suffering from many of the above symptoms. This is simply because their adrenal glands are sluggish and have become exhausted as a result of the constant demand on them.
Below are some starting products that maybe of assistance for mild adrenal deficency. For those wanting more assistance there are practitioner only products avalible that are potent high quality formulars for targated treatment.
Also for those wanting a personalised approach testing is avalible. For those with Stress and Hormone issues a Dutch Complete or Dutch Cycle Mapping is available.
The Organix Comprehensive Nutritional test is ideal for those who suffer from:
- Stress, Depression or Anxiey
- Weight issues
- Sleep Abnormalities
- Digestive Problems
- Chronic health problems
- Worried about Toxin Exposure
- R-U-Ved Aswhaganda If you suffer from many of the symptoms listed above, start with 1 capsule 3 times a day, then decrease to 1 twice daily on improvement.
- Life Force Multiple - A great comprehensive formulation. Can take up to 4 capsules twice daily. Breakfast and mid-afternoon. Otherwise 2 daily as maintenance.
- Clinicians vitamin and mineral supplement. Take 1 teaspoon twice daily with breakfast and mid-afternoon.
- Also see DHEA
Overall it is a big picture issue, lifestyle, exercise, diet are all important considerations.
Check magnesium deficiency list You may benefit from additional magnesium.
Time out- Remember to laugh, have fun, be positive, take time out each day to allow your mind to have a break from the daily stresses. Take up Yoga or meditation.